Country Club Ridge Tenants Corp Board of Directors
The Ridge Line – March 2021
Reminder! Any CCR residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 are required to self-quarantine and to notify Bob Voss of the Maintenance Office at 914-723-1919 or James Flaherty of Douglas Elliman Property Management at 212-692-8445 so that staff can exercise increased caution when providing services to your building. Your personal information will not be disclosed to other residents.
It’s Spring and time for some Spring Cleaning! Over the next few weeks, trees throughout the complex will be pruned, supported, or removed to keep our grounds safe and lush. While there may be some inconvenience from the noise and the arborists’ equipment, it is necessary to keep our trees healthy. We ask that you remove any outdoor broken flowerpots or worn furniture, and never leave any trash such as cigarette butts, gum, tissues or wrappers on our lawns, walkways or parking lots. Pristine grounds can only increase our property values!
Recycling Textiles at CCR
CCR continues to participate in the USAgain Textile Recycling Program. Indoor bins are located in the laundry room of building 133, as well as outside the laundry room in building 52 and inside the laundry room on the side of building 61. These bins are for your used but clean and dry clothing, bedding, towels, shoes, sneakers, etc., in any condition. Please bag all the items you are disposing of and place them in the bins for pickup. Go to the USAgain website at www.usagain.com to learn more about why Textile Recycling is so important for the safety and future of our environment.
The Board invites any gardeners or would-be gardeners to be part of the CCR Garden Committee with the goal to enhance and improve the garden at the top of the hill. If any resident wishes to be part of this committee, email Board@CountryClubRidge.org and include your name, unit address, email address, and phone number.
Visit the CCR Web Site
All residents are encouraged to visit the CCR website www.CountryClubRidge.org. This is a secure site which requires you to create a login. Logging in will grant you access to upcoming events and current information regarding our grounds and amenities, parking rules, insurance requirements, recent editions of the Ridge Line, and more.
Parking at CCR
Please check that the CCR parking decal affixed to the rear-view mirror of your car is still in place. As a reminder, residents with garage parking spots should always use their assigned spots, to keep as many outdoor spots as possible available for other residents.
Laundry Room Health & Safety
It is urgent for everyone to use safe practices in our shared spaces such as the laundry rooms. While our staff has increased the frequency by which we sanitize the laundry facilities, it is important to do the following:
- WEAR A MASK!
- Make sure you have washed your hands thoroughly with soap as you leave your home. Remember that using laundry machines involves touching buttons and door handles.
- Do not shake your dirty laundry before loading! Shaking releases huge amounts of unclean particles in the air which land on surfaces. Then use the highest temperature washer and dryer settings allowed for your clothing and bedding items – the hotter, the better.
- If you can, bring your own sanitizing wipes for machine handles, buttons, and rolling baskets.
- Social Distancing is key! While in the laundry room, keep as far away from others as you can, no matter your age or health. Fold your clean clothes upstairs in your apartment to reduce contact with surfaces that others have touched. We are relying on you to reduce crowding in the laundry rooms. If you see that half or more of the machines are in use, go back upstairs with your laundry and check later to see if the room is less crowded.
Residents may use the laundry rooms between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. during the week and from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Be sure to remove your laundry from washers and dryers promptly, clean any debris from inside the machines, empty the lint traps, and treat others’ clothing with respect if anything gets left behind. If any washer or dryer malfunctions, or if you lose money, contact Hercules (see posters in laundry rooms) with the details so you can be refunded and so they can repair or replace the machine.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors are required in every unit and now is the time for your quarterly battery testing. Do a sound test of all your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and be prepared with replacement 9-volt batteries. This not only ensures your safety and those of other residents but is also required by law.
- Tag your outdoor furniture and grills! If the maintenance team doubts the safety or finds something in disrepair that is not tagged, it has the obligation to remove it.
- Detached propane tanks are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Barbecuing may only be done if at least 25 feet away from any CCR building.
- Don’t store shovels, tools or toys outside or in the garage; keep them in your apartment or storage unit. Unattended items other than lawn furniture or grills pose tripping hazards and may be removed without notice.
- To keep away unwanted animals, birdseed feeders are not allowed on any outdoor premises and no household garbage may be tossed into any outdoor trash bins except closed dumpsters.
See you on the Ridge Line – where Rockledge Road meets East Hartsdale Avenue