-from the Country Club Ridge Tenants Corp Board of Directors
Reminder – any CCR residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 are required to self-quarantine and to notify Bob Voss or Kevin McGee of the Maintenance Office at 914-723-1919 or James Flaherty of Douglas Elliman Property Management at 212-692-8445 so that staff can exercise increased caution when providing services to your building. Your personal information will not be disclosed to other residents.
AS SUMMER slowly comes to a close, we hope that CCR residents will continue to enjoy our beautiful grounds and the CCR swimming pool. The pool is scheduled to remain open through Labor Day Monday.
Summer Social Gathering at CCR
The Board is planning an End of Summer Social to be held on Saturday, September 18th, from 12:00 to 2 p.m., in the courtyard of 10-20 Rockledge Road (location of the past two Annual Meetings). This is an excellent opportunity to mingle with neighbors, enjoy some refreshments, and to chat with members of the Board. Chairs will be provided. More details will follow in a memo to all residents over the next couple of weeks.
Community Garden and Playground
This has been a great year for the busy gardeners of our Community Garden! Anyone interested in using a garden plot for the 2022 garden season can email the CCR Garden Committee at CCRCoopGarden@gmail.com to be placed on the waiting list. Starting in 2022, anyone using two or more garden plots (that are not next to each other) will be limited to one plot, so that residents on the waiting list will have an opportunity to enjoy the Community Garden. All gardeners will need to confirm to the Committee each April that they will be actively using their plot for that season. The Garden Committee maintains a map of all plots and their gardeners, which will be updated each year. In addition, the CCR Playground next to the Community Garden will be redesigned and refitted with all new play structures by next spring if not sooner!
Parking at CCR
Please check that the CCR parking decal attached to the rear-view mirror of your car is still in its place. There will soon be NEW parking decals which residents can request from the main office and which must be affixed by the superintendent or a member of the maintenance staff. Only vehicles registered to CCR addresses and to CCR residents are eligible for a new decal. Details will be distributed soon to all residents. As a reminder, residents with garage parking spots should always use their assigned spots, to free up as many outdoor spots as possible for other residents.
Recycling Textiles at CCR
CCR continues to participate in the USAgain Textile Recycling Program. Indoor bins are located in the laundry room of building 133, as well as outside the laundry room in building 52 and inside the laundry room on the side of building 61. These bins are for disposing of used but clean and dry clothing, bedding, towels, shoes, sneakers, etc., in any condition. Please bag all the items you are disposing of and place them in the bins for pickup. Go to the USAgain website at www.usagain.com to learn more about why Textile Recycling is so important for the safety and future of our environment.
Laundry Room Health & Safety
It is urgent for everyone to use safe practices in our shared spaces such as the laundry rooms. While our staff regularly cleans the laundry facilities, it is important to do the following:
- WEAR A MASK!
- Make sure you have washed your hands thoroughly with soap before leaving your home. Remember that using laundry machines involves touching buttons and door handles.
- Do not shake your dirty laundry before loading! Shaking releases huge amounts of unclean particles in the air which land on surfaces. Then use the highest temperature washer and dryer settings allowed for your clothing and bedding – the hotter, the better.
- If you can, bring your own sanitizing wipes for machine handles, buttons, and rolling baskets.
- Adhere to the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. weekdays and 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. weekends and holidays. Remember, your neighbors live above the laundry rooms!
- Be sure to remove your laundry from washers and dryers promptly, clean any debris from inside the machines, empty the lint traps, and treat others’ clothing with respect if anything gets left behind.
- Social distancing is key! While in the laundry room, keep as far away from others as you can, no matter your age, your vaccine status, or your health. Fold your clean clothes in your apartment to reduce contact with surfaces that others have touched. We are relying on you to reduce crowding in the laundry rooms. If you see that half or more of the machines are in use, go back home with your laundry and check later to see if the room is less crowded.
- If any machine malfunctions or if you lose money, contact Hercules (see posters in laundry room) with the machine number and the details so you can be refunded and so they can repair or replace the machine.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors are required in every unit and now is the time for your quarterly battery testing. Do a sound test of all your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and be prepared with replacement 9-volt batteries. This not only ensures your safety and those of other residents but is also required by law.
- Tag your outdoor furniture and grills! If the maintenance staff finds something in disrepair or doubts its safety and it is not tagged, they are obligated to remove it.
- Detached propane tanks are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Barbecuing may only be done if at least 25 feet away from any CCR building.
- Don’t store shovels, tools or toys outside or in the garage; keep them in your apartment or storage unit. Unattended items other than lawn furniture or grills pose tripping hazards and may be removed without notice.
- To keep away unwanted animals, birdseed feeders are not allowed on outdoor premises, and household garbage may not be tossed into any outdoor trash bins except closed dumpsters.
Visit the CCR Web Site
All residents are encouraged to visit the CCR website www.CountryClubRidge.org. This is a secure site which requires you to create a login. Logging in will grant you access to upcoming events and current information regarding our grounds and amenities, parking rules, insurance requirements, recent editions of the Ridge Line, and more.
See you on the Ridge Line – where Rockledge Road meets East Hartsdale Avenue