The Ridge Line – September 2018
Hello Everybody! And hello to autumn and cooler weather! We hope you have enjoyed the summer and taken advantage of the pool, barbecue areas and lovely grounds at CCR. The Board is happy to announce that a major rehaul of the swimming pool is slated for 2019, which will include painting and resurfacing, upgrading the cleaning and filtration system, and increasing cleanliness and security during swim season.
The CCR House Rules require each shareholder to maintain up-to-date homeowners’ insurance coverage naming Country Club Ridge Tenants Corp. as “certificate holder” with minimum $300k general liability, $50,000 property damage, and $50,000 contents damage or loss. It is also important to include any prior improvements or planned improvements in your policy. Please send your document reflecting proof of coverage by email to Tina.Marchi@ellimanpm.comno later than October 31, 2018. Alternatively, you can mail proof of coverage for your unit to: Tina Marchi, Douglas Elliman Property Management, 675 3rdAvenue, New York, NY 10017, postmarked by October 31, 2018. If you need a new copy of the CCR House Rules, please request it from Tina Marchi as well.
We Heard and Acted!
Following complaints of fleas and mosquitos, the Board treated several courtyards with non-toxic (to humans and pets) insecticide, which may have alleviated some of this year’s tenacious bugs. Cat owners have been requested to keep their animals indoors in the future to avoid the spread of insects into our units.
Laundry Room Etiquette
Remember, we live here! Residents may use the laundry rooms only between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. during the week and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Be sure to remove your laundry from washers and dryers promptly, clean up after yourselves (cat owners, this means you!), and treat others’ clothing with respect if anything gets left behind. If any of the washers or dryers malfunctions or you lose money, contact Hercules (see posters in laundry rooms) with the details so you can be refunded, and so they can repair or replace the machine.
New Parking Decals
If you have not brought your car to the maintenance office to replace the parking decal, the Board has extended the deadline to end of day on Monday, October 15. To obtain your new sticker: bring your car, proof of registration, proof of insurance and driver’s license to the maintenance office and Bob Voss or another member of the maintenance staff will personally affix it to your rear-view mirror. After the 15thof October, parking enforcement of the new stickers will commence. If you need to make special arrangements for obtaining your new parking decal, please call the maintenance office at 914-723-1919.
Now is a good time for residents with outdoor grills to make sure your grill cover is in good shape and tagged with your house and apartment number. Below are more items to check off:
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors are required in every unit, and now is the time for your quarterly battery testing, so make sure to do it!
- No barbecuing within 25 feet of any CCR building.
- Tag your outdoor furniture and grills! If the maintenance team doubts the safety or finds something in disrepair that is not tagged, it has the obligation to remove it.
- Detached Propane Tanks are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Don’t store tools or toys outside or in the garage; keep them in your apartment or storage unit. Unattended items other than lawn furniture or grills pose tripping hazards and may be removed. Storage cages are available in certain buildings for $25 per month; call Bob Voss of the Maintenance Office at 914-723-1919 if interested.
- Smoking is not permitted in any common areas such as hallways, laundry rooms, storage spaces, or garages, and may only be done if it at least 25 feet from any building and if butts are discarded properly and not on our grounds.
- To keep away unwanted animals, birdseed feeders are not allowed on any outdoor premises, no household garbage may be tossed into any outdoor trash bins except closed dumpsters, and all building entrance doors must be kept closed.
On A Personal Note
Kevin McGee and his family extend sincere thanks to all the well-wishers over the past several weeks—they were much appreciated and made a difference.
SUGGESTIONS are always welcome! Feel free to contact Bob Voss of the Maintenance Office at 914-723-1919, James Flaherty of Douglas Elliman Property Management at 212-692-8445 or the CCR Board by email to Board@CountryClubRidge.Org.
Wishing everyone a great autumn season and a Happy Halloween!
See you on the Ridge Line – where Rockledge Road meets Hartsdale Avenue.