The Ridge Line – March 2019
Happy Spring! Another winter has come and gone, and CCR is gearing up for spring cleaning and preparing the grounds for warmer weather and outdoor activities. As previously announced, the CCR swimming pool and pool area are being refinished and upgraded and the grand opening is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend. We are also happy to announce that a CCR Spring Socialis being planned for Saturday, May 25thto provide all residents an opportunity to mingle with familiar faces as well as new neighbors. More details will be posted in the coming weeks.
Annual Shareholders’ Meeting
The annual CCR Shareholders’ Meeting will be held in early to mid-May. Confirmation of the date, and details of the time and location, will be sent to all shareholders well in advance of the Meeting.
Keys and Access to Units
We wish to remind all shareholders that a key to access your unit must be held by Bob Voss in the Maintenance Office for use in case of an actual emergency such as fire, flooding, water damage, gas leaks, or a lockout, which allows staff and/or authorities to access the premises without dangerous delays or unnecessary damage to doors and doorframes. Each household is required to store one house key with the Maintenance Office where it is kept confidentially under a coded system.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors are required in every unit and now is the time for your quarterly battery testing. Do a sound test of all your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and be prepared with replacement 9 volt batteries. This not only ensures your safety and those of other residents, but is also required by law.
- Tag your outdoor furniture and grills! If the maintenance team doubts the safety or finds something in disrepair that is not tagged, it has the obligation to remove it.
- Detached propane tanks are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Don’t store shovels, tools or toys outside or in the garage; keep them in your apartment or storage unit. Unattended items other than lawn furniture or grills pose tripping hazards and may be removed without notice.Storage cages are available in certain buildings for $25 per month; call Bob Voss of the Maintenance Office at
914-723-1919 if interested.
- Smoking is not permitted in any common areas such as hallways, door steps, laundry rooms, storage rooms, or garages, and may only be done if it at least 25 feet from any building. Under no circumstances are cigarette butts to be discarded on any of the grounds of CCR.
- To keep away unwanted animals, birdseed feeders are not allowed on any outdoor premises, no household garbage may be tossed into any outdoor trash bins except closed dumpsters, and all building entrance doors must be kept closed.
Laundry Room Etiquette
Remember, we live here! Residents may use the laundry rooms only between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. during the week and between 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Be sure to remove your laundry from washers and dryers promptly, clean any debris from machines and empty the lint traps, and treat others’ clothing with respect if anything gets left behind. If any of the washers or dryers malfunction or if you lose money, contact Hercules (see posters in laundry rooms) with the details so you can be refunded, and so they can repair or replace the machine.
Our Staff and Management
The Board is pleased to announce that Kevin McGee has returned on a full-time basis and together with Bob and the rest of the maintenance team, will be working hard as always to keep CCR units and grounds in tip top shape. On another note, our property manager James Flaherty is recovering well and will be back in no time. Meanwhile, you may reach out to Patrick O’Toole of Douglas Elliman at 212-692-6169 for any property management issues.
The Board and Douglas Elliman Property Management recognize that frustrations happen, but please remember to always treat our hardworking staff with civility and respect (they are here to help!) and to keep any communications with the Board respectful and professional.
SUGGESTIONS are always welcome! Feel free to contact Bob Voss of the Maintenance Office at 914-723-1919, James Flaherty of Douglas Elliman Property Management at
212-692-8445 or the CCR Board by email to Board@CountryClubRidge.Org.
See you on the Ridge Line – where Rockledge Road meets Hartsdale Avenue