The Ridge Line – June 2018
Hello Everybody! Summer is finally here, and lots of fun days are in store! The CCR Board and Property Manager have been working hard to keep our grounds beautiful for the enjoyment of all. If you have been to the pool lately, you may have seen the new pool lounge chairs and umbrellas, as well as some new landscaping. For your safety, we are always on the lookout for dead trees or poison ivy anywhere near the pool. As a reminder, the CCR Swimming Pool is open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. CCR residents can pick up their season pool passes from Bob at the Maintenance Office.
More on Safety
At the Board’s request, the Town of Greenburgh has recently patched many parts of Rockledge Road and East Hartsdale, and is planning more extensive re-paving of our roads thanks to Town Supervisor Paul Feiner. In keeping with our commitment to safety for all CCR residents, our grounds are regularly patrolled by the Town of Greenburgh Police Department. We take this opportunity to remind residents that safety is the responsibility of everyone, so please remember:
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors are required in every unit, and now is the time for your quarterly testing, so please do it!
- Don’t store tools or toys outside or in the garage; keep them in your apartment or storage unit.
- No barbecuing within 25 feet of any CCR building.
- Tag your outdoor furniture and grills! If the maintenance team doubts the safety or finds something in disrepair that is not tagged, it has the obligation to remove it.
- Detached Propane Tanks are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any common areas such as hallways, laundry rooms, storage spaces, or garages, and may only be done if it at least 25 feet from any building and if butts are discarded properly and not on our grounds.
- To keep away unwanted critters, no household garbage is to be tossed into any outdoor trash bins except closed dumpsters, and all building entrance doors must be kept closed.
Upcoming Tag Sale
We are happy to announce that the CCR Community Tag Sale is planned for Saturday, July 14and Sunday, July 15, weather permitting (rain dates are July 28 and 29). The sale hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with earliest set up at 9:00 a.m. and all items removed by 5:00 p.m. Location will be the Pedestrian Wayat E. Hartsdale Avenue & Rockledge Road. Residents who wish to sell items at the tag sale need to register by emailing Board Secretary Dina Novikova at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling/texting her at 914-661-8050 no later than Saturday, July 7th. Participants are to bring their items to sell and their own table/chairs, tags/markers, water/snacks, and some cash to make change, and will share the responsibility of putting up posters and flyers. A great opportunity to de-clutter, make cash, and socialize!
CCR Grounds Committee
We are looking for volunteers to be part of the Grounds Committee to help keep our landscaping vibrant. The first meeting is on Saturday, June 30that 10:00 a.m. in front of the Maintenance Office where potted plants will be available for planting in designated areas. Planting and gardening is a wonderful experience for all ages, so roll up your sleeves, put on that sunscreen, and maybe even meet some new neighbors!
For those who enjoy a vegetable plot up on the hill, remember the rules to keep the area clean and free of debris, roll up the hose and fully shut off the water after watering, keep the gates closed, and notify the Maintenance Office of any broken items or other safety concerns. Great news: Kevin McGee of Maintenance has built 6 new raised garden beds which will be placed in oversized, vacant areas. Notices will be placed in hallways when available. Bob Voss will have an updated garden map for interested people to see.
SUGGESTIONS are always welcome! Feel free to contact Bob Voss of the Maintenance Office at 914-723-1919, James Flaherty of Douglas Elliman Property Management at
212-692-8445 or the CCR Board by email to Board@CountryClubRidge.Org.
Wishing everyone a great summer and a Happy July 4th!!
See you on the Ridge Line – where Rockledge Road meets Hartsdale Avenue.